Slowly but surely I’m crawling out from under that rock I’ve been living under for about six months… I know it’s time to get back on track with my writing and that includes blogging, because when I have accountability (blog) I always do better. I’m not going to kill myself since I still have a dozen other duties to tend to but I’m going to blog once a week at first and to make it seem simple in my mind I’m going to do something I’m calling “five things”. I’ll post five things – it might be as simple as a link or as complicated as writing insight.
1. Volunteering takes: time and energy and will take away from something else. Is it worth it? That’s a whole other topic for a different day – but in short: yes. But sometimes you have to learn how to say “no” – yeah this is directly for me!
2. Little things matter – especially to small children, take a few minutes to brighten someone’s day, even if you just offer them a smile.
3. My baby started 1st grade – and I couldn’t be happier
4. My oldest (I only have two) started High School – and I couldn’t be more ambivalent. I want to watch her grow into the wonderful young lady she is becoming, but this milestone makes her growing up so real…
5. Risking Delaney came out in April… and has only had one review that I’m aware of –I’d love to give away a copy if someone would be willing to write a review and post it someplace like www.goodreads.com --- just email me -- rmkey at cox (.) net if you are interested!